A grief seminar providing comfort, education & community
2020 Hope and Help for the Holidays and Beyond
Watch the recording of this years seminar
Watch all videos from the seminars on our Facebook pages
This seminar is for anyone who has experienced loss and grief in their own life, as well as professionals who help grieving individuals and their families.
Our teams have been honored to come together again to provide this 10th Annual Hope & Help for the Holidays and Beyond Grief Seminar. Although it will look a little different this year with the need to offer it virtually, we are working and planning to make it as special as possible. We consider it a privilege to provide this important week of education, hope and healing to our Upstate community.
In support of Professionals attending, we’ve worked again to be able to provide you with the Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) at no charge.
There will be a special Service of Remembrance on Thursday evening, honoring the loved ones we’ve lost.
Keynote Speaker – Monday & Friday:
Mindfulness & Grief: Transforming Your Life After Loss, Through the Holidays and Beyond.
When Grief Goes Viral: Navigating Grief and Loss Through the Pandemic and the Holidays (Monday)
(For Professionals) – Grief Therapy as Meaning Reconstruction – A Trauma-Informed Approach (Friday)
Schedule for the Week
12:00-1:30 pm – When Grief Goes Viral: Navigating Grief and Loss Through the Pandemic and the Holidays
Robert A. Neimeyer, PhD Tuesday
12:00-1:00 pm – Tending to What Hurts with Self-Compassion & Self-Care (RAIN meditation practice)
Heather Stang, MA, C-IAYT
7:00-8:00 pm – Grief 101: The Basics of Grief Wednesday
12:00-1:00 pm – Losing Your +1: Life After the Death of a Partner
7:00-8:00 pm – (For those who are grieving) Grief Recovery Group
Tamara Hanna Thursday
12:00-1:00 pm – When It Hurts to Hope: Coping with Loss through the Lens of Faith
7:00 pm – A Time to Remember: Service of Remembrance
Remembering the loved ones we have lost, by name and photo. If you wish to participate, you will be asked to email us the name of your loved one. You may also include a photo if you’d like. Friday
12:00-2:15 pm – (For Professionals) Intervening in Meaning: A Masters Class in Grief Therapy
Robert A. Neimeyer, PhD JOIN OUR ZOOM MEETING Full Class Descriptions
**Please register by Friday, November 6. After registering, you will be sent a link that you will use to virtually attend the sessions.
No app, username or password will be necessary. It will be an interactive event, where you will be able to submit questions.
Click the button below if you are a PROFESSIONAL who wishes to receive Continuing Education Credits REGISTER
Click here if you are an individual or professional who does NOT need Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s REGISTER
Fellowship Hall of First Baptist Greenville
847 Cleveland Street
Greenville, SC 29601
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Please register by Tuesday, November 12.
- Anyone who has experienced loss and grief in their own life, no matter how recent or long ago
- Friends or family members of a grieving individual
- Professionals who help grieving individuals and their families, such as counselors, nurses, social workers, clergy
- This event is free and open to the public and professionals. Lunch is provided. There is also no cost for the Continuing Education Units for professionals.
No, your name will be on a list at the registration table to check in.
- Community members are anyone who is attending for personal education and support
- Professionals are those who would like the Continuing Education Units to count for their professional licensing
- You can attend whichever Small Group Topic sessions you would like. It’s not necessary to sign up or let us know your choice. That day, you just go to your topic of choice.
- You MUST register on Upstate AHEC’s website for this seminar, in addition to signing up with us here
- After the seminar, when you get your code and instructions, you have two weeks within which to go to AHEC’s website and do an evaluation of the seminar, and receive your CEU’s
- You will be given the needed documentation/code at the end of the event and no sooner
- There will be no partial credit allowed if you leave before the end, per state requirements through Upstate AHEC